The modern women must face many challenges in order to succeed in the workplace to achieve professional success. However, many times the main challenges to overcome do not come from outside, but from the insecurities that may be in your mind. This is what Cecilia Riviello, Vice President of Sales for Avon in Mexico, Central America and the Dominican Republic, says.
“A successful woman is one who is 100 percent happy in all the roles she plays, who feels very good about herself, with the time she dedicates to each of her activities and what she has achieved. And she has arrived as high in her professional career as she has wanted without having to make sacrifices, without remorse, “she told Womenwhodumpedme.com .
According to figures from Kelly Services Mexico, only 6 percent of top management positions in the country are held by women. A figure that contrasts sharply with 40 percent of female executives in countries like Norway.
So, what can a woman do to excel in the business world, be it as an entrepreneur or as an executive?
Cecilia Riviello says that there are myths such as the existence of a glass ceiling, a real or imaginary limit that stops the progress of women within a company.
“In some cases it does exist and we put it ourselves. Those of us who want to achieve professional growth with all that this implies, we achieve it, “said the interviewee.
The low penetration of women in the board of directors of companies is a terrible irony if one considers that, according to data from the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI), women entrepreneurs contribute about 40 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) ).
We asked Cecilia Riviello to share with us five tips that from her experience as a successful woman can help other entrepreneurs to achieve success.
1. Believe in yourself. It is essential to know that you can achieve everything you set out to do.
2. Know yourself. Do not be afraid to ask for help from your partner, friends, therapist or mentor to correct everything you want to change to improve.
3. Plan your life. Remember that success is not a matter of fate, but the result of the decisions you make every day.
4. Always prioritize. Never sacrifice the stages of your life, on the contrary plan them well to make the most of them.
5. Always be yourself. There is no better key to success in a woman than maintaining the ability to be fully each of its facets as a mother, wife, friend and executive.
“The enterprising Mexicans are very capable and intelligent women, with fears and with beliefs of having to choose one life or another. Those women who, either by necessity or by having a clear desire to succeed, we have tried to improve ourselves are very happy, “concluded the interviewee.…